Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Brent thru the ages

I succumbed to peer pressure and made some pictures at YearbookYourself.com. When you upload a pic of yourself, you can see what you would have looked like in a yearbook from the 50's, 60's, 70's etc...

These are the shocking results, not for the faint of heart. The years selected are 1952, 1976, 1990 and 1996.


-----------------------------------
Recently, I was at the dollar store and I saw some handpainted porcelain ducks. It said it was part of their "Collectible" series. Their other series must be "Worthless crap that takes up space on your shelves."
-----------------------------------
Here's an ad I saw on MySpace recently:



So, let me get this strait. If I choose to not vote for Obama in 2008, (and then enroll in Netflix or the University of Phoenix, because participation is required) I can have an Obama for President 2008 T-Shirt!

--------------------------------------------

I don't think I get my sense of humor from my mom. She really doesn't show it off very often. However, when she does, it catches me off guard.

Usually everytime I see her, she has a bag of important papers and coupons and newspaper articles for me. Recently in one of these bags, she had saved the logo of the wrapper from a bag of Cottonelle Toilet Paper. She had highlighted the slogan "Soft Sheets that Last & Last." Attached to this was a piece of paper with a handwritten note, "I only want it to last ONE TIME!"
---------------------------------------------
What are you looking at? - Poultry version
Do you ever get the feeling that animals are staring at you because they think you look funny?
What are you looking at? - Sheep version Feed Me!

----------------------------------------

Thus far in my life, only once has a job interview digressed to the point where the interviewer talked about when he smoked pot with Crosby, Stills & Nash. True Story.

---------------------------------------------
Yummy: Pig Popsicles!
'
That would be "Awesome"
-------------------------------------------

I recently went bowling and golfing. My scores were 300 and 67. Unfortunately, the 67 was for bowling.

---------------------------------------------

There's an old self-depreciating expression for guys that don't look very attractive. It's "I've got a face made for radio." These days, you can take that a step further for those that have a lousy speaking voice: "I've got a voice made for blogging."

Not too long ago, I went through a drive thru at Taco Bell and made an order. When I pulled up to the window, the guy looked at me and said, "I Usually don't say this kind of thing, but you have the most professional-sounding speaking voice I've ever heard. I'm not kidding. You must be a professional speaker!" As it turns out, I'm not. I do have a fear of public speaking and it takes everything in me to get up to lead a prayer at church.

...and now I'm blogging about it.

------------------------------------

I was told that I shouldn't do this:



------------------------------------
Goodenough Inn
When I'm the only one in the car, that means I have complete discretion over what to stop and take a picture of. I see something forthcoming and I have a few seconds to decide whether or not to pull over and snap a picture. When I was recently driving from Hohenwald to Centerville, this probably wouldn't have made the cut if MariLynn was with me.

When I pulled into their parking lot, I noticed a big sign they had at the office, something like: 'Absolutely NO U-TURNS! These premises are under constant video surveillance. Violators will be prosecuted!" So, I took this picture and sheepishly went to U-turn to get on the road towards Centerville.

I hadn't been there for 30 seconds when a Hohenwald cop car pulled into the lot. I thought: Drat! They really mean business here. As it turns out, the cop was only there to make a U-Turn and head back into Hohenwald.

------------------------------------
Kissing in the green car
Or, more accurately:

Kissing someone that vaguely looks like Barbara Bush while in the happy cross-eyed green car.

Sometimes for the fun of it, I don't want to give the context of the photo, such as where it was taken.

Hello to anyone who found this photo here:
authenticgiving.squarespace.com/authentic-giving-blog/200...
where they've added the caption:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. - Albert Einstein
---------------------------------------
Mark your calendars!  July 11
Cow rental costume: $40
Chick-fil-a chicken Sandwich: $2.99
The look on the cashiers face when someone goes through with it: Priceless

I had forgotten about it on and just happened to go through the drive through on that day. There were a couple of high school girls that had sewn black circles onto a white t-shirt. They also gave plush cows to all children. Over the years, I have accumulated a few of those cows and I don't even have kids yet.
------------------------------------
Soap Opera Laundry

Mary, why weren't you home when I came for our Rendezvous?
Sorry, Steve, but I had to do the Laundry!
It's Mike isn't it! You'd rather be with Mike that with me when I come over!
No, Steve! I have some socks that needed washing! You've got to believe me!

Is it obvious that I'm not good at writing Soap Opera dialogue?

Dickerson Pike - East Nashville
---------------------------------------
Brent Moore, Federalist for President update!
I have chosen my running mate, but won't tell you who it is yet. Instead, expect a hastily sent text message from me while your sleeping at some point this week.
31461

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is straight, not strait. :p

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home