Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

What Would Jesus Spam?

I hate chain letters. Getting a chain letter email annoys me.

I am a religious guy, but I also hate religious chain letters. These are the ones that say "Jesus Died on the Cross for you. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice and if you won't make the sacrifice to forward this to everyone you know, then that demonstrates what kind of person you are!" I call these messages WWJS or "What Would Jesus Spam." While I usually agree with the sentiment of most of the content of these messages, any part that requires spamming other people is not the way to spread the gospel.
Popup ads for Jesus would not be a good idea in my opinion.
And neither would (Adware / Spyware / Malware / Viruses) for Jesus.
And neither would Graffiti for Jesus.
Here's the Key: In my opinion, spreading the message of Jesus Christ should NOT be an annoyance to others!

Since I went to a Christian University, I once found this scribbled in a toilet stall:

1st person wrote: JESUS SAVES
2nd person added: BY FAITH
3rd person added: THRU BAPTISM
4th person added: Long Live the bathroom ministry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home