Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Rock Songs that avoid Ellipses and Umlauts

In 1992, Dan Baird, former lead singer of the Georgia Satellites, scored a minor hit off of his album Love Songs for the Hearing impaired with a song called "I Love You Period"

In the song, he thinks back to his high school days and wishes that his English teacher had been Pamela Rogers or Debra LaFave.

The Chorus goes:
I love you period
Do you love me question mark
Please please exclamation point
I want to hold you in parenthesis

This concept very well could have been further developed. I propose these additions if a song cover is ever made:

Let apostrophe s go out some time
We can see a movie semicolon we can go to dinner
Say you will in quotation marks
Youre gonna go out with me interrobang

feel free to find uses for brackets, comma, dashes, hyphen and slash. If you are really creative, go for the Ampersand &, tilde ~, asterisk *, Section sign § , interpunct · , and pilcrow ¶

I recently was thinking about this song, because I remember joking about it with classmates when I was a high school senior, but nobody knew more than just the chorus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home