Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

What the Nashville Sounds are Really known for

What the Nashville Sounds are known for

Despite winning the PCL championship last year, and getting a new downtown ballpark next year, this is what the Nashville Sounds are known for nationally. Their "Faith Night" games where the stadium giveaway is a bobblehead of a Bible Character. Jonah was given out at the June 16th game. Purity Dairies, another Quintessential Nashville company, was the title sponsor. The first 2000 people through the gates got one. Characters in the past include Samson, Moses and Noah, with no plans to ever make a Jesus bobble.

More info can be found in this NPR article.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will C. said...

The guy who I am pretty sure started the promotions, Brent High, is barely mentioned in the article. I used to go to church with him years ago. It's kind of strange, really. I think I've only seen him once in the last 18 years or so, but I keep hearing his name pop up. Each time, it's with a slightly different company. Before the Sounds, I think he was working for FaithSite. I should have invested stock in him. Before you know it, Nike will name a shoe after him or something. Or maybe we'll be getting Brent High bobbleheads... naah.

Oh, I just found the mini-biography on his site.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home