Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Post Vernal Equinox Joys Random Stuff

It's the first weekend of spring, and instead of being outside on this beautiful day, I thought I'd sit in front of the computer and share some meaningless drivel.

***

This week for the first time, I noticed that the safety coordinator where I work is a smoker. This is the guy that ensures that we wear safety glasses and to avoid protuberance via spludger. He doesn't want you to hurt yourself, unless you are incrementally hurting the interior lining of your lung.

It kind of reminds me of the saying about choosing a restaurant, "Don't trust a thin chef."

EDITED TO ADD: I guess if he had to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, You'd die from the second-hand smoke.

***

Regarding work, you may have noticed that I never mention in my blog that I work for [Company name removed], although most of my friends know I work there. I suppose that part of the reason is that I don't want people to google [company name removed] and find me talking about protuberance via spludger.

Also, the 2007 [company name removed] employee handbook has added a section that blogging about [company name removed] is encouraged, but anytime we do it, we have to add a disclaimer. The previous comments are solely the views of The World as Seen by Brent K Moore blog and do not reflect the views of [company name removed], its management or its staff.

***

Why should New Hampshire primary get all of the attention in determining who may become the next U.S. President? My question: Why shouldn't they? Here's a thought: If all of the most influential politicians in the country are all located in one state, I would prefer it to not be my state.
Recently, there has been an influx of stories about states, such as Tennessee, California, and Florida considering moving their primaries earlier to make them more important. Before you know it, the primaries are going to be the day after Christmas as the states continue to battle for primary supremacy.
Here's a novel idea: Let's move the Tennessee primary a few weeks later. How about the Tuesday before the National Convention. That'll work for me. There's going to be enough campaign junk mail in my mailbox in October that it's not going to close. Why are we asking to do this twice in the same year? Has everyone already forgotten the stupid Corker and Ford tv ads? I certainly don't want my telephone ringing off the hook with recorded messages about why Barack Obama is better than Hillary Clinton when I may not be voting in that primary.

Completely unimportant side note. New Hampshire also has a vice president primary. The two parties' winners in 2000 were political heavyweights Wladislav D. Kubiak and William Bryk. Who the heck? (suggested slogan: Send a Bryk to the US Naval Observatory)

***

I am fortunate to live in a city with the Great Escape Half Price Store. One of the things I look for is real weird, offbeat or oddball music. If I can get two casettes for a quarter, what's not to like? One such album I once found was by the group Ed's Redeeming Qualities. It was their CD called Big Grapefruit Clean-up Job. Their music isn't particularly the style I like and I don't even know who their target market is, But I really like the lyrics to the first song. Here's how it starts:

The Princess And a Horseman of the Apocalypse Have Lunch

He cracked another crab leg and said
It's not gonna happen in our lifetime.
He cracked another crab leg and said
The only thing we can be sure of is our own deaths
in our own lifetimes we're apocalypses unto ourselves.
So don't even worry about that song and dance.

And she said...
Are you a Unicorn?

Maybe you just have to hear it, but if you think that's funny, we may have a similar humor.

On the other end of the spectrum is the "So Bad, It's funny, but actually becomes enjoyable on multiple listenings" goes to the Krushin' MC's


On their cassette, the Wonder T raps out songs like "Murder we wrote", "Grab a Book" and "Nightmare on Rhyme Street."

(One, two, Freddies Coming for you. Three, four, better rhyme hardcore. Five, six, better lay down a mix., etc...)

***

NEWS BREIF:
The HBVC Machine Company issued a press release today listing the three finalists in their CEO search. The three finalists are 1) Jordin Tologanak, an Inuit from Nunavut Territory, Canada. 2) Hoku Kawananakoa, a Native Hawaiian 3) Murtaza Frunze from Bashkortostan. The board of directors will be meeting over the next two weeks to make their final selection.

In response to this, the local chapter of the NAACP issued a statement today condemning HBVC for not being racially diverse and including an African American among their finalists.

***

Today's Ironic pictures:

No Tresspassing:

No Trespassing

I need to make a sign that says "Keep off the Kudzu"

Ripley's Aquarium and Seafood Buffet.

Gatlinburg's Aquarium and Seafood buffet.

The choice is yours:

Church or Gay?



1891

3 Comments:

Blogger The Lawyer said...

Having won the 2000 Republican vice-presidential primary, William Bryk has entered the 2008 Democratic vice-presidential primary. Perhaps he can make it two for two.

11:52 AM  
Blogger  said...

Thanks VERY much for this dusty old post. I'd taped "The Princess And a Horseman" off of an alternative-radio broadcast, but the tape ended before I could get the title or artist. I've been trying to identify it for twenty years, now. If not for the fact that you posted partial lyrics, I'd still be faced with this mystery. You rock!

12:09 PM  
Blogger  said...

Thanks VERY much for this dusty old post. I'd taped "The Princess And a Horseman" off of an alternative-radio broadcast, but the tape ended before I could get the title or artist. I've been trying to identify it for twenty years, now. If not for the fact that you posted partial lyrics, I'd still be faced with this mystery. You rock!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home