Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The True Meaning of Black Friday.

As I have a chance to sit back and reflect on the Day After Black Friday, I have come to the conclusion that we Americans have forgotten to the true meaning of Black Friday.

On the day before Black Friday, you see the biggest newspaper of the year which is literally littered with hundreds of ads talking about all the sales that will take place so early in the morning. Families sit around the dining table at home planning their bargain hunting strategies. Shoppers line up outside the stores hours before they open, wanting to be the first in line in front of hundreds of others.

When I was young, I remember Black Friday the way it used to be. Oh wait, all the stuff I mentioned above IS the way Black Friday is supposed to be. Never mind. I guess the True Meaning of Black Friday has been realized.

P.S. One final fun fact: While often (but not always) Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year, many retailers make more money on the Saturday before Christmas. On Black Friday shoppers are looking for bargains. On "Super Saturday," the shoppers are looking out of desperation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amsterdam Housing said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along . I thought i would leave my first comment . , I have enjoyed reading. Nice Blog , I will keep visiting.....

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home