Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Observation of Chinese Restaurants

I've finally come to the realization that you might already know. Every Chinese food take out is exactly the same, only the name of the establishment is different.

The Chinese take-outs have a very convenient naming convention. To come up with a name, pick one word from Group A and a second word from Group B.

Group A: Famous, Golden, King, New, China, Hunan, Panda, Peking, Crouching, Hidden

Group B: Chinese, Chef, Wok, Dragon, House, Garden, Moon, Hut

So, the other day, I was at Panda Wok, or maybe it was Golden Chef, and I noticed their menu was the same as every other Chinese Take out I'd been to. Naming the entrees to choose from is almost as easy as naming the Restaurant

Group A: Chow Mein, Lo Mein, General Tso's, Cashew, Sesame, Kung Pao, Mu Shu, Sweet and Sour, Garlic, Szechuan, with Broccoli, with Mixed Vegtables

Group B: Beef, Chicken, Pork, Shrimp.

If you show up between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, you can get one of the above entrees served with fried rice, and your choice of an egg roll or soup (Wonton, Egg Drop, Hot & Sour) for $4.50ish.

If you want, you can add a whole host of appetizers, such as Spring Rolls, Crab Rangoons, Fried Wontons, Chicken-on-a-stick, and if your kids don't like any of this, French Fries.

For those with a big appetite, or a family to feed, you can also choose one of the chef specials that has a bunch of stuff on it, but that stuff isn't itemized on the menu, such as Seafood Delight, Happy Family or Pu-Pu Platter. Honestly, I think they just get a kick out of American's ordering Pu-Pu.

Grab a fork, packets of Soy and Duck Sauce, eat at one of the four tables or take it with you, and finally, enjoy your fortune cookie.

P.S. I once gave this kind of treatment to Mexican Restaurants.
33230

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your photos. Living in Overton Co., TN I pass many of these daily, but never thought of them in a photo. Thanks for your perspective of the area. If you're back this way you MUST go to 'FriendlySue's' for a BigTomBurger! Awesome!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home