Brenternet (The World as seen by Brent Moore)

Trying to appeal to the highest common denominator. I can't give you 110% effort, but I will give you 107.4% effort. If you're a spammer and leave me a comment, I will make fun of you. I use twice as many semicolons compared to most other bloggers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee, United States

As the title implies, I am Brent K. Moore. I married MariLynn Simons on Sept. 25, 1999. we attend Stewart's Creek Church of Christ. We have five pets, a dachshund, Slinkie, a malamute, Juno, and three rabbits, Ebunny and Ifurry, and now Houdini.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Filling that Mid-size soda demand

I recently, for the first time, saw one of the new Pepsi 1 and 1/2 Liter bottles, filling the massive void between 1 and 2 liter sizes. Consumers often have three drink size choices between 0 and 1 liter bottles of pop, and the American population demanded more choices.

a little work needs to be done on the shape of the bottle, however. a 1 1/2 liter bottle is just as tall as a 2 liter, but I suppose for now you can stack them sideways. I'd have to go back and do the math, to see if space is really being saved.

How much should they charge for such a new size? Since you can often go to a nearby convenience store and purchase a 1-liter bottle of name-brand soda for $1.49, or a 2-liter for $0.99. I figure, they will probably charge $1.29, and will fall into the spectrum like this:

12 oz. can........$0.75
20 oz. bottle..... 0.99
24 oz. bottle..... 1.39
l liter bottle.... 1.49
1 1/2 liter bottle 1.29
2 liter bottle.... 0.99
3 liter bottle.... 1.39
6-pack of cans.... 2.49
6-pack of 20 oz... 2.99
12-pack of cans... 4.49
(glass coke bottles intentionally left out)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home